Hacking into personal accounts and stealing your identity has been a growing problem for years, but with small business growth and on-line technology – it is even more important to be diligent in keeping sensitive data safe. It should be understood that no system is totally foolproof because given enough time and money; any system can be broken into. The trick is to make it challenging enough that any potential thief will seek easier prey.
Below are few ways to secure sensitive information and protect your business network from theft or computer viruses that can cripple your business.
- Scammers are getting savvier by the day and it is getting more difficult for the average person to distinguish the real deal from the fake. It is for this reason to avoid incoming calls and emails. It is highly advised for businesses to contact a company directing using the information from their web site.
- We often hear the phrase “we live in a paperless society”; however, many times financial information that is sent electronically will be printed to hard copy for a number of reasons. When this is required, it is strongly recommended that the paper be shredded once it is no longer needed.
- Passwords are your first line of defense; therefore, change them often and don’t make them easy to guess. Also, it is advised not to use the same passwords for all accounts because if one account is comprised, they all will not be. Also, avoid common letter and combination such as your birthday or name of your pet. Additionally, it is a major security mistake not to immediately change a password when a new machine or software is first installed.
- Work only at secure locations. These days, more than 50% of employees work out the office. Many employees conduct business enjoying their favorite latte at a public Wi-Fi location such as a local coffee house, but are these types of locations really secure? They might be fine for searching for a trending restaurant to entertain clients, but for viewing and transferring financial information for your business? Think twice.
- Using secure portals is another layer of security that will protect your identity and may be necessary for your small to medium sized business because email accounts are often hacked to obtain personal information such as social security number and bank account numbers.
- Wherever your financial information is housed, set up a “two-factor authentication” as this will increase the protection of your business and personal funds. Learn more about financial situations which may require extra security at equities.com.
- Keep your eyes open and regularly monitor your accounts (at least once a week) to make sure that no suspicious activity has taken place.
- Track log in / log off activity on all business based computers, as this will help to pin point where a breach or computer virus begins.
- Always keep servers updated. Servers require regular updates because they have the most up-to-date features as well as the latest security patches. The difference between an old and updated server is a clean one free of virus and/or breaches and a one that may have been compromised by a hacker.
- In addition to keeping servers clean, it is also important to run an antivirus program on all your endpoints because it is very common for cyber attacker that want to hack your business to target the end points, because they are easier to penetrate especially if employees are not as careful with their online activity as the chief administrator.
- Conduct background checks on employees because the majority of unauthorized cyber “intrusions” occur from inside the network. Screen all potential employees – from the mail room personnel to executives. Dig deeper than just calling provided references and it is also advised to deny access to sensitive financial information until trust is established.
It can be a very daunting task keeping financial information secure on your business network, but by being proactive including putting a security protocol in place, training employees to follow protocol, and keeping all hardware and software updated, you can protect your company from a cybersecurity intrusion.
The progress that has been achieved by humans in the field of Information Technology is something that we should be grateful for because this progress will make it easier for humans to do work and tasks that must be done. However, not all of the progress achieved has had a positive impact. Among the progress that has been achieved is that it can have a negative impact on humans. When you deal with the application of information technology in Greeley for instance, there are so many options you can choose for the growth of your business.
Do you prefer to use the software for business when it comes to benefiting from the technology?
The application of Information and Communication Technology is widely used by entrepreneurs. The need for time and cost efficiency can cause every business actor to feel the need to implement information technology in the work environment. The application of Information and Communication Technology changes in work habits. For example the application of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP). ERP is a software application that includes a management system within a company.
When observing technological developments especially in Littleton, you will feel a significant difference, where life becomes easy. Now information technology feels very close to anyone’s heart so that daily activities cannot be separated from the name of technology. Starting from the use of mobile phones, utilizing social media, and so on, certainly become part of the development of these technologies. This development turned out to have two sides, both good and bad, which certainly began to be realized by anyone so that it was required to wisely use existing technology. Understand how to use this technology wisely, and if you are still confused, see some of the tips below:
Maximizing the role of mobile phones
Mobile is now very sophisticated, making it a device that bridges a variety of activities. However, make sure you will try wisely in using this one product technology make it a habit to use it in useful activities. For example, making mobile phones as a medium to increase income, because many people can get an additional salary from this one device.
Understand the proper use of various social media
Social media is also included in the product of the latest technological developments in the form of applications, and there are many types. In addition to social media, there are also communication applications in the form of instant messages whose numbers are also mushrooming. Try to use all of these applications for things that bring benefits so that time is not wasted. Wrestling an online-based business and utilizing a variety of applications to become a media campaign as well as communication with customers, so that the internet quota is not wasted.
Limit the time to use digital equipment
Although mobile phones, laptops, and other digital electronic devices can be used for entertainment and the like. Try to limit usage especially for students who often experience gadget crazy syndrome. Excessive use has a psychological impact that is not good so that activities in the real world are abandoned. Set the time to use so that daily activities in the real world can still be run well for quality living with the convenience offered by the technology around you
The term of technology is familiar to everyone these days, right? That’s why it can be easy to find the product of information technology in so many places, home for instance. One of the most popular and most used ones is the internet. People in Fort Collins even access the internet for the number of reasons and purpose. How often do you benefit from the internet? Are you accessing the internet even every single second for the job needs?
The internet provides a variety of interesting things which of course will feel dear if not enjoyed, especially being able to make you an all-knowing figure. But try to glance at sites that do provide benefits if you help build a business on the internet. Avoid visiting sites that are harmful because the internet, when used wisely, will help you get a better quality of life. Understand the rules for using the internet properly and profitably so that technological developments really bring tremendous benefits to your life.
If you live in Los Angeles and need IT support, you will want to get the most out of information technology development, then you can think about internet marketing for your business. Marketing and promotion now can be done en masse. The point is that you can target marketing to hundreds of targets or even thousands without having to do it repeatedly. Of course, this is a way born of the latest technological advances. We can use e-mail or SMS that we can blast to send advertising or promotional content that we already have before.
We can also use information and communication technology for advertising in cyberspace. The trick is to use forum forums or advertising services that do provide the means to advertise in cyberspace. An example is Google AdWords, where we can advertise on search engines with free keywords we specify. Or you can also use Adsense which can display your banner ad on a website or blog that is an Adsense partner. Likewise for Facebook ads, or free from Twitter, Instagram, or others. Compared directly, advertising in the virtual world has proven to be more effective and efficient, because it will be seen by many people who use the internet.
Technology as the main selling item
Besides its use for promotion, technology products can also be the main selling commodities that we can do. Because if we see, human life especially fills one’s daily life, we surely use the technology products related like laptops, computers, both to listen to music, melt news, work playing games, etc., which are obviously impossible in one day without using technology. This signifies the important role of technology in human life, so we can sell important electronic products like that to the people who need them.
Technology as a productive store on the sales side
Technology also allows us to build stores without having to provide a real place or virtual. The trick is to set up an online shop website on the internet that can be accessed by anyone anytime, anywhere. This shop will also never close, provided you don’t neglect to pay the server fees. Even you do not have to provide material and build physically, just virtual. Of course, this is a business convenience that is unrivaled. You can use it to make targeted sales and more broadly than you usually sell or offer products to the public and your sales are in danger of rising rapidly.